sometimes ya just gotta start.

3:27 PM
Day 1



It's 2010. I can remember the year it turned 1990. I was 12 years old. I wrote the year down on a piece of paper and thought how foreign the number looked. It was the "nineties", I thought. Won't it be so weird for it to be the 2000's? That's waaaaaay too far away. But here I am, 32 years old and the year is 2010. I have to admit, life has gone pretty fast. And it just continues to get even faster as the years go by.



I look at my life and I feel like I've done a pretty good job so far. There is definately lots of room for improvement but all in all I don't think I've done too shabby. I like to make goals at the begining of each each year and it seems there have always been 3 perpetual goals that I make 3 every year. They are always the same. #1 Read my scriptures everyday and learn more of Christ. #2 Exercise more. #3 Eat healther. So up until last year I would start but never follow through. That just seemed to be the story of my life. I just could never seem to follow through with my big dreams. ...unitl last year.



You see while we were visiting my husbands parents for Christmas, Jim, my father-in-law took a few pictures of our little family of four. I was eager to see the pictures because we rarely get any of the four us. As soon as we got back inside from our little photoshoot I turned on the camera to scroll through what was just taken. The first ones were of us holding the kids and walking away from the camera into a field. Good lighting? check. Beautiful scenery? check. Coordinating clothing? Everything looked great until...my eyes caught sight of my HUGE thighs. What the? Where did those thuder thighs come from? And why has no one clued me in that they were so huge?! Well, those pictures was all it took. From that point on I had decided once and for all, I was going to accomplish the goal of "exercise more". No more dilly dally. And guess what? I actually did it. We joined a gym and I took the fate of my thunder thighs into my own hands. It was a little hard to get into the habit when I first started but now it's just become habit. And I love my new habit. I love exercising. I feel stronger, empowered and energized. Why didn't I do this years ago?



So this year it's finally time to do that #1 goal I've been meaning to do for years now. I'm going to
read my scriptures everyday and learn more of Christ. Why have I put this off? I know that it will only make me happier, have more peace and a better person, so why have I waited until the year 2010 to make it a habit? I don't the the answer to that question. I'm just glad I'm starting.

President Harold B. Lee, of the LDS Church, (1899–1973) taught: “Testimony isn’t something that you have today and you keep always. Testimony is either going to grow and grow to the brightness of certainty, or it is going to diminish to nothingness, depending upon what we do about it. I say, the testimony that we recapture day by day is the thing that saves us from the pitfalls of the adversary."

My reason for starting this blog are two-fold: First, I am a person who needs accountablitly to get things done. This blog will do just that, if I know I have someone checking up on me each day to make sure I've read my scriptures, then I know I will keep up with it. And second, I hope that this might be a source of encouragement or inspiration to someone reading it that it might help make their day a little bit better than before they read it.

So, my friends, tune in each each day of my 365 day journey...or better yet, join in and share your journey with me.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.